Saturday, February 3, 2007

Jet Lagged...

I don’t seem to have the time every night to write, I’ve been getting back really late and still adjusting to the heat and the new time zone. I’m happy I’m keeping this journal, it’s an exercise mainly designed to help me keep track of all the things that have been happening in my life and one that has mainly been while abroad. Whether people read my blog or not doesn’t really matter to me, it’s more about putting it down, collecting the data and using it in the future for my book. But if you are reading, and I don’t really expect anyone to read everything here, please do leave me a comment and let me know who you are and how you’re doing. This is my way of keeping my friends and family updated on my life, send me a line and let me know how you are doing.

Yesterday was mostly in anticipation. I haven’t been to Silat in a while now and since the death of Tok Guru I wasn’t sure what to expect. Not that much would really change amongst our brother and sisters, but I imagined it would be a topic of conversation. I was feeling lazy as I sat around the house with Yi Kin. He had the day off and we planned to do some music, but sleeping in and going for lunch killed most of the time we had. We did go through some beats and I’ve got one sitting in front of my waiting until I finish this entry for some lyrical love. Finally got to dig in to some Chinese mixed rice. It’s one of my favorite things to eat, all the choices or toppings on your rice and the price is usually just right too. Here in KL you don’t normally pay more than 5RM ($1.80CAD) for a meal. My mixed rice was about 4.50. Oh I wish food was this economic in Toronto! Back at the house I did some writing, catching up on the journal entries. Yi Kin put on a movie, while I complained that we were supposed to work on a track, but the movie was pretty good. 13 Tzameti was a story of murder for money, a game where the players risk their lives in a high-stakes roulette game with loaded pistols. In black and white it the effect was similar to a Hitchcock film, the blood was not visible but the texture remained rich. Time had run out, I got ready to bounce out to Dato Keramat for Silat. I’m really loving the new bus system, getting all the way there in just over an hour and in more comfort than the usual metro bus. Jake had asked us all to arrive early to tidy the house and when I arrived I joined in cleaning up the yard. The house is looking as good as it probably could, being old and falling apart it’s changed a lot over the years since I started my Silat there in 2004. Nazri couldn’t make it, he was still in JB helping with his family. Sometimes I’m lazy to go to Silat, knowing that I’m going to be worked hard, doing Kuda Kuda, Tepang and the buka tutup. But I always know once I get there everything is great. Today was no exception, we had a great work out with Jake leading us through. It’s been a while since I’d done any sparring, so it was good to get into the fray again and get the adrenaline bubbling. Catching up with everyone again was great. Ayi and his students came all the way up from Melaka and although I was hoping to see Shah and Iz I was happy all the same. I’d planned to go out to Maison to see DJ Goldfish and T-Bone but nearing the end of the night and after eating I felt myself beginning to fade away. It was getting late anyways and I was wondering how I was going to get all the way back out to USJ. I caught a ride with Rajdesh and Brain to Kelana Jaya and Yi Kin came through to pick me up. We quickly met with Tim, Lestat, April and a few others for a drink, some chit chat and much to my delight drove home to sleep.

1 comment:

Ngardy said...

safe travels! just wanted to say thanks for the great camera work on the rhyming chef backyard bbq episode. looks really good, will have to send u a copy when its do in a few months.

great stuff to read, especially when i'm busy at work...! keep writing and rhyming...